Kaizen Horse Training and Lesson Policy
Liability Release and Policy Statement Forms:
All persons that will be in direct contact with a horse on the property must fill out a liability release form. If rider is under 18 years old a parent or legal guardian must fill this form out. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule.
Our Lesson Cancellation Policy is 24 hours. Please call at least 24 hours before a lesson to cancel. If you do not call to cancel you will be expected to pay for the lesson. Continual absences, rescheduling, no shows, or no cancellation calls will result in the loss of your lesson spot.
Lessons are canceled when the temperatures is greater than 95 degrees or below 10 degrees. Cancellation for any other weather issues will be made on an individual basis.
Riders should arrive on time and with proper
attire. Family and friends must also wear shoes that fully enclose the foot
for safety. (No sandals, flip-flops, crocs or shoes that do not fully enclose
- All students must wear long pants (no capris), leather shoes that fully enclose the foot.
- Parents & guests entering the barn must wear shoes that fully enclose the foot.
- Helmets must be worn at all times. They are available from the barn.
- Shirts in the summer should be properly fitted and tucked in. Hair should be pulled back and neat. Tack and boots should be clean at all times. No spaghetti straps, tank tops or revealing clothing, this includes friends and family.
Students are expected to attend their scheduled lessons regularly. Multiple absences may result in the loss of your time slot. We do our best to keep lessons running on time. All lessons will run till the end of their scheduled time, late classes will affect the amount of time in your lesson.
- All lessons are purchased in advance before you ride.
- All lessons are to be scheduled in advance.
- Payment must be made directly to your instructor.
- Parents, do not drop students off without payment.
- Lessons must be canceled 24 hours in advance or no make-up lesson will be issued. Make-up lessons are based on availability and are not guaranteed.
- Make-up lessons are available for students following cancellation policies.
In Case of Emergency:
Should a student fall, please remain quiet and seated. Screaming or running out into the ring may cause other horses to get upset. The instructor will direct the class along with other barn help and if needed will call you into the ring, at which time you should walk quietly out to the student. As long as the student is not injured, it is our policy to get them right back on the horse.
- Helmets must be worn while riding and by children any time they are riding a horse.
- No Smoking on property.
- Only shoes that fully enclose the foot are permitted on the farm.
- Please do not park in front of gates or doors.
- Please pick up after you and your children. (trash, clothes, horse tack, etc.)
- Children must be supervised by parents at all times.
- School horses are to be mounted from the mounting block.
- All guests must sign a liability form.
- Staff only allowed in the pasture.
- Make sure you close your horse's door and latch it tight.
- Put all tack and other items away when you're finished using them.
- Pick up any manure your horse makes in the aisle.
- Practice proper ring etiquette when riding.
- Horses may have treats AFTER your lesson.
- Do not climb fences or let children climb fences.
- No dogs or other animals on property. We have plenty thanks! (Don’t leave them in the car. They're more comfortable at home.)